Monday, February 22, 2010

Leisure Time Economics

We get so little time off together that I hate to spend it doing anything other than watching hockey. You can imagine my horror when Mrs. DMG snuggles up to me on the couch holding two Knondike ice cream bars and a Renee Zellweger movie. Surely a meteor would crash through the roof and strike both of us dead only seconds after Ryan Miller robs Jerome Iginla's tying goal attempt with a minute left in the USA-Canada game that I wasn't watching because I was suffering through some screwball comedy about a pudding factory in Bumfuck, Minnesota. As it was, though, the movie was funny and completely enjoyable. As far as I'm concerned, any two hours of light-hearted entertainment with my best buddy is time very well spent. Learning the line, "...like thin shit through a tall Swede," is a huge bonus!

Highly recommended!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sacrificed the US-Canada classic for a chick flick and aren't tremendously (as in divorce-ready) resentful? You're a saint, Dave.

I can handle a romantic comedy. I'm not so good at the romantic dramedies. The other night my wife turned on "Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" (I think that's what it's called) and I found myself thinking, "Am I missing any really good ice dancing?"

UF Mike